- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 heaping tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 T canola oil
- 3 c finely chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 ripe beefsteak tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 cup canned red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup nicoise olived, pitted and coarsley chopped
- 3/4 cup mix of 1/2-inch cubes reduced-fat white cheddar cheese and 1/2-inch cubes reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese (3 oz total)
- White and blue corn tortilla chips for garnish
- Chopped fresh chives, for garnish (optional)
In a blender, blend the vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the oil and blend until emulsified. Set aside.
In a large bowl add everything else except the chips and chives. Toss together.
Dress lightly with the vinaigrette and garnish with chips and chives.
In my humbe opinion, the chips shouldn't be optional. That crunch would be sad to miss out on.
Doesn't store well. Obviously. Serve it right away.