Monday, June 21, 2010

Coming Soon

So... the supper club idea died a quiet death. For a couple weeks in a row a bunch of people told me they could make it, and then canceled the day of. So I bagged that idea because it was just causing stress in my life. Instead, I've just been making two or three new recipes each week. Almost all of them have been excellent.

So, here's a selection of the recipes that I'll be posting soon:

-curried chicken salad (I might have to try this one again before I post. It was a failure. Mostly because I tried to improvise with little to know understanding of how to make a homemade orange-cranberry relish.)
-Cuban braised beef
-sweet cherry and apple salsa
-Parmesan-crusted tilapia with lemon-pepper green beans

I also bought a couple of new cookbooks that focus on making large batches of food and then freezing most of it for later use. I thought with starting back to school that kind of cooking would really work well for me. Haven't started using that method yet, but when I do, you'll be the first to know how it goes.

No comments: