Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Cold Curried Chicken Salad with Cranberries

from Shape magazine November 2006

I tried this, but apparently Shape editors shop at a grocery store that is better-stocked than mine... because I had to make up a cranberry relish, and it was a complete failure. If you're more comfortable making a fruit relish than I was, and if you give this a try and like it, let me know what you did, and I'll give it another go. As it is, this isn't a recipe I'll revisit.

Cold Curried Chicken Salad with Cranberries
2 cups cooked chicken breast, cubed
1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
1 tsp freshly grated ginger
1 tsp curry powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/3 cup lowfat mayonaise
3 Tbsp cranberry-orange relish (Shape says "bottled on shelf or fresh in deli section")
2 cups mixed baby greens

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except greens. Toss well, cover, and chill for 15 minutes (can be made the day before). Divide salad in half and place over each serving of greens.

per serving
388 calories
11g fat
28 g carbs
45 g protein
3 g fiber
65 mg calcium
2 mg iron
474 mg sodium

No comments: