Sunday, March 22, 2009

Parc Monceau

Saturady after the ward festivities, E and I went out to discover the Parc Monceau. I've heard several people rave about it, so I wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

I must admit, the parc is absolutely gorgeous. My big problem with it?? Too many people. The grass looked like a mosh pit, except instead of jumping around to music, people were strewn out all over the grass and each other. It would probably be really lovely at like 7:15 on a work day.


I still got a few pictures that I like, so here you are:






This last one just makes me laugh. Apparently there is a "horse ride" that kids can go on where a guy ties 6 horses to this elaborate rope system and then takes 6 kids at a time around the park on horses, parents marching alongside their child. What they don't have is someone to come along after the horses and clean up the unfortunate souvenirs they leave behind on the pathways.

6 comments:

Jess said...

The pictures look great.

Denise said...

Sarah, I am glad you have been a dedicated blogger since arriving in Paris. I love following your adventures and seeing the beautiful pictures you are taking. Thanks for sharing.

Erin said...

Yeah, Saturday is definitely not the day to go to the parc. It has some pretty cool history though.

And, as always, your pictures are way better than mine.

hknight said...

That place looks beautiful!

Billy Bob Bambino Bombabious Baby the Third said...

If I may be so bold as to suggest you go someplace I have never been (but studied about ad nauseum in architecture classes), go check out the Parc de la Villette. In particular, there are several "follies" that are architectural sculptures we studied. I am interested in what you think...

I would also suggest the Villa Savoye (Poissy-sur-Seine - if that makes sense and is somewhere close to you) by le Corbusier and/or the Chapelle Notre Dame du Haut, Ronchamp, also by le Corbusier. These are two places that are "must-see" places for modern architecture afficionadoes...

Roxanne said...

Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing.