Saturday, July 26, 2008

Flood

On Tuesday the 15th, I came home to an inch of water all over the main floor of my townhouse.
At first I though it was my water heater, but there was excess water everywhere except by the water heater.

So instead of going to take pictures of my work Intramural Softball game, I spent two lovely hours with this handy contraption.


As it turns out, the line into my neighbor's upstairs toilet had burst while she was at work and had flooded her house all day. When her house was saturated on the main floor, it spilled over into mine.
Once I heard my neighbor was paying to get everything cleaned up, I gave up on the ShopVac (although, I did get about 20 gallons of water off the floor and out of the carpet with it) and let ServiceMasters take over -- once they got there at 10:00 pm.

I spent most of last week with my parents while the house dried and the animicrobial treatment settled in. And this week I've just been waiting for the carpet guys to come replace the padding. They were supposed to come "Monday or Tuesday." Uh-huh.

No comments: