Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Alaskan Cruise - Installment One

I finally feel like my life is settling down enough that I can update everyone on my fun Alaskan Cruise!!
Well, on the 17th (after that crazy day at work and the new job offer), Mom drove me up to the airport and I flew to Seattle.
Sometimes when I leave Utah I see dozens of beautiful plants that couldn't "blossom in the desert" in a million years. This might not be one of them, but it sure reminded me of that fact.



The next morning we (Hap, Jon, Joe and I) drove from Seattle to Vancouver. At the border I snapped a few pictures before we drove through and into Vancouver.



We had a few hours in Vancouver, so we stopped at Stanley Park across the bay from the Port of Vancouver and saw some cool totem poles.


Then it was off to the cruise ship. The embarkation process was amazingly smooth and painless, and our room ended up being much bigger and nicer than what we expected!

No comments: