Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Test Kitchen/Dinner Group

To help me resolve my little recipe problem, I decided to start a weekly dinner group/test kitchen combo.

Basically, I'm going to make at least one recipe from my (ahem) archives each Thursday and invite all of my Orem/Provo peeps for dinner every week.

I was thinking I would send out a weekly email with the plan for the main dish, a side-dish sign-up list with a couple of slots, and then let everyone else know to bring $3-$8 to help pay for ingredients, depending on how exotique the ingredients are. (So... if it's lobster, everyone brings $8-ish. If it's tortilla soup everyone brings $3.)

What do you think? Is it tacky to ask people to bring money? Should I just have them bring ingredients? If it were you, what would you prefer?

Would you participate in something like this if someone else was hosting?

3 comments:

Erin said...

Um hello? Pay 3-8 bucks for someone else to make me a meal? Oh yeah.

Do you travel? :)

Jess said...

Dude, I would be willing to pay $10. It is cheaper than a restaurant. I don't think it's bad to ask for money if you are going to do it every week. I'm in.

lacey said...

I'm in too (if I'm invited)! And I think anyone would be willing to pay or bring ingredients, whichever is most convenient for you.

Sounds so great! Yay!