Thursday, June 4, 2009

5-Cheese dinner

Tonight I enjoyed 4-cheese ravioli for dinner, followed by 'dessert' of apricot applesauce and half a small disk of Munster Gerome with traditional artisan bread.


Yum. Stinky cheese is awesome.
And by the way, real munster (the kind of cheese that is 'officially' called Munster) is pictured above. It's not a solid block cheese like cheddar, it's a very soft cheese, like a super-soft brie that's got way more flavor.
Also, I talked here about how much I love my apricot applesauce. So, at the store yesterday I saw mango applesauce, and I thought it sounded lovely.
Hm. It sounded lovely, indeed. But what I didn't realize was that it was applesauce with mango CHUNKS in it. Sick.
Those of you who know me VERY VERY well understand that I don't do desserts that consist of chunky-chewy bits of anything (tapioca, rice) in what is otherwise supposed to be smooth and/or creamy dessert item. Don't do tapioca pudding. Don't do rice pudding. Don't do fruit-at-the-bottom yogurt (ew. dry-heaving just thinking about that one). Last week I did eat tapioca, but it was in coconut milk, not a thicker creamy substance, and I'm pretty sure each serving had like a pound of brown sugar in it. When it was served I only ate it to be polite, but I'm pretty sure that pound of sugar had something to do with how much I liked it. I would eat it again.
I do, however, enjoy a great shake with crunchy bits.
End of rant.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm! I love French cheese.

And I look forward to hearing about the restaurants you visit in the arrondissements!

Deborah said...

Ooooo. I love fruit at the bottom yogurt!