Sunday, April 26, 2009

Pere Lachaise, Baguette sandwiches, and Flan

After enjoying the park, I expected that we would all go our separate ways, but we decided to spend a few more hours together and go grab lunch before visiting the Pere Lachaise cemetery (which you may or may not remember from a previous post).


We looked high and low for a patisserie so we could get some baguette sandwiches, and we finally found one about three blocks from the cemetery. We all grabbed sandwiches, and some desserts to share.


Some thoughts:


1st: French sandwiches are really simple, but sooooo good. Must be that bread. :)
2nd: I had never tried flan until that day. I love it and I must learn how to make it.
3rd: Since the first time I went to Pere Lachaise I was picture happy (and it was mostly deserted, making for better pics), this time I decided to just show you a grave that made me laugh:



The inscription reads, "Finally alone!"

No comments: