Sunday, April 26, 2009

Another Mini-escape from the City

After visiting Pere Lachaise cemetery, Agenor, Amy and I hopped the metro to a little gem of the city (in my opinion, anyway). There is a little shopping center called Bercy Village that reminds me of a teeny tiny version of the Gateway, or a not-as-charming and still teeny version of Gardner Village.


Cute atmosphere. Random shops (some great, some bizarre, some too expensive, and a grocery store). Feels like you're in a small town, when you're only a hundred yards from a Metro. The shooping area is also lined with cafes, and I decided I'll have to go back and have dinner there sometime just to enjoy the atmosphere.


On our way back to the Metro, we found this just across the street:









I like to think of it as my little zen garden in the city. I don't like to think about how much the rent would be for one of the apartments overlooking it.

2 comments:

meagan said...

I love those weeping willow trees. It looks idyllic!

Sarah said...

Ahhh... Meagan. Wait until you see the pictures of Giverny!! (Unless you've already been there--in that case don't hold your breath!) :)