Saturday, January 31, 2009

Pere Lachaise

Today I stopped over by the Pere Lachaise cemetery for a couple of hours. I didn't get a map, but they have some posted around, so I was still able to find the graves of a couple of famous people.

Pere Lachaise is right on my Metro line (albeit at the complete opposite end), so getting there was really easy. I'll definitely be going back because it was truly amazing--but it was freezing, so I could only wander for so long. And next time I'm getting a map so I can walk around more strategically.

Regardless, I did take some pictures that I really like. I'll only post a few here. I took over 60 pictures--the cemetery is really beautiful to me, and so different from cemeteries in Utah. To see the rest you can click here.







2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I went there with my mom and loved seeing all the markers of artists and writers that I was familiar with. It was an incredible place to wander. Beautiful photos.

Sarah said...

Thanks, Jennifer! I can't wait to go back and see more.